Some of our regions will be hosting Quarterly events and other will remain hosting Regional s. Regional Tournaments sometimes combine multiple seasons because of scheduling issues.
How to Qualify for Quarterly or Regional Event
Quarterly- All qualifications must be that specific Quarter
- Top Qualified players in the Region ( # Qualified will be posted under your region)
- Player of the Month
- Venue Champs
- Winner of any Kontenders Charity Event
- Top 5 Big spenders per Venue with 25 points or above
Regions hosting Quarterlies will also host a yearly event
Qualifications- This will be from every Quarter
- Final Table ( 10 )
- Regional point leader
- Venue Big Spender
- Venue Point Leader
- Player of the month
- Kontenders Charity winners
Qualification for Areas hosting Regionals–
The top 20 players in each venue are eligible to play provided they have played enough games at that venue throughout the season. (Most two game per night venues require 14 games to qualify. Most one game per night venues require seven.)
The number of games required by each venue may vary, depending on the total number of games played at that venue throughout the season. For example, if a venue starts hosting Poker games in the middle of the season, the number of games required will be reduced accordingly.
Each player can receive ONE of the following bonuses:
- Starting Stack 15k
- Venue point leader (+5k for each venue)
- Player of the Month ( +5k)
- Regional Point Leader (+10k)
- Charity winner ( + 5k)
Highest bonus category applies. For example, if Region point leader (10k) and Venue Point leader in three venues (15k) you will receive 25k max.
For Our Texas Regions…
Information on this page does not apply in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio, where we have a bigger and better promotion, the Texas Championship Series!
* A “seat” is a paid entry to a tournament. Player must pay a small dealer’s fee.
* An “invite” means you have qualified to enter the tournament but you will pay the buy-in and a small dealer’s fee at tournament registration.
“Nationals” refers to the Bar Poker Open National Championships, which are currently taking place twice a year.
Click for details about BPO.
* Travel money requires receipts for transportation and/or hotel.
* More Venues equals Bigger Prizes